Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lewbricator

I spent much of last week in Ohio going through my Dad’s two barns, sorting things to throw, to keep and to put on the upcoming sale. Going through the tools, fishing gear and other souvenirs brought back volumes of memories for me, my mother and siblings. It’s fascinating how special objects, certain smells and familiar flavors bring back memories so vividly. 


This is my first beer from the little brewing company in Kalona, Iowa. It is extraordinary. The wheat yeast and esters give some sweet, fruity flavors that are wrapped by the caramel sweetness of the malt, heavy in this double bock style. It brought back memories of the fruit and caramel sweets we’d get from the drive up teller when I would go with Dad into town on Saturday mornings to do his banking.


No comments:

Post a Comment